Saturday, June 12, 2010

Poker anyone?

I haven't been here in a month. That seems to be a bad habit of mine. One that's been added to the "To Do" list, well breaking it...anyways...

June 12th, New Moon, time for a look at where I am and what the coming month holds for me.
Eowyn's New Moon Spread

..3..
..2..
..1..
..0..

1. What lays on your dark depths. What is unseen. What we stumble against in the dark nights. 8 of Cups. A mermaid swimming toward the depths, holding one cup while 7 others float in a swirl around her. This "is" what I stumble against in the dark. Going to those depths. Out of fear, lack of concentration, distractions, whatever you want to call it, I never manage to get to those depths where I'll find wholeness, answers. It seems to be a month that will have me looking deeper-Im sure it's past time for me to be doing this kind of personal work.

2. What will begin to show, to arise. 8 of Swords. With the shadows(skulls) of others underfoot, the swan entrapped inside the circle of swords is frustrated, using energy better spent in finding solutions(which that cute little hummingbird has, by the way). I have found myself beating my wings in useless wastes of energies of late, while ignoring/avoiding my solutions.

3. What will illuminate the dark path. The key in the night. 8 of Pentacles. Whoa, THREE 8's, hence the title. I see a spider's web with 8 bright orbs caught in the webbing. The spider sits in the center. She's got what she needs to survive/ feed. So do I. Spiders represent knowledge, and I believe her message to me is to use the resources I have, to be prepared to do the work that is required. Her web is large and intricate, that took some diligent work to create. Strand by strand, that's how to go about things.

0. Yourself. The shadow card from the base of the deck. The Hermit. Why am I not surprised to see this card here? I am the Hermit, alone on the mountaintop. However the scene is well lit, the moon shines behind me and my lantern glows brightly. Perhaps the Hermit's accumulated wisdom will be a guiding force in my life at this time. As she's gazing to the left(associated with the past), I think that I may find some of my answers by solving/healing things from the past. (Well, duh)

Some thoughts on putting this all together.
Cups = emotional issues.
Swords = inspiration, seeking knowledge.
Pentacles = manifestation, actions, physical world.

And then there's all those 8's.
8 = strength. This indicates that I'll need my strengths in place. Things aren't going to come all that easy, but in order to move forward, "must" be dealt with, methodically and thoroughly.

The Hermit = Well, who else can carry out all this work? It is a very solitary pursuit.

I've just kind of let things slide, lately. Felt adrift, no focus. I can procrastinate and dream with the best of them. I'm usually energized and inspired at this time of year, "usually", but not so this year. This reading is a wake-up call that the slacking is over that it's time for some serious work to begin, get myself re-organized, take care of the small details that I've let go. The clutter(details) has built up around me and now must be cleared in order to focus on my personal work ahead.

When I began working with the DruidCraft for my PDR, I got some very seriously personal readings and wasn't inclined to share them here, so I switched decks intending to do some more general readings. The Shadowscapes has proved to be the same way. So, I'm not going to fight it, I'm going to start sharing more of the readings, and insights here.

*and yes, I did notice that the 8 of Swords was in the last reading that I recorded here*

~Thanks For Stopping By~
Leigh

3 comments:

Enelinwen said...

Leigh! Your readings are always inspiring for me; to see how to look deeply into the cards and pull out the nuggets which are the wisdom waiting to be witnessed.

Perhaps I'll do well with such inspiration to see more clearly my own new moon reading :)

Blessings,

Shire

Enelinwen said...

Did I mention that the RED is delicious! I love it. :)

Shire

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

I know, me too! I found it when I came in to post my reading and just had to give it a try.

:) Leigh

Post a Comment