Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The New!

The first day of the month is always an incentive for me to "start something new", and this month is no different. The start of this month also brings the transition from summer to autumn. While not officially autumn till the 22nd of this month, and not quite Labor Day yet, it feels like it has begun. It was a rather disappointing summer for me, so I'm looking forward to starting my 'off season' projects. I've got a few to finish up, before I begin, though.

It also seems like a good opportunity to develop better habits-this interim of change-so my goal for now is to work on my self-discipline. Do a daily draw EVERY day and at least post it in Your Readings on AT, and do my best to journal it here. And other assorted habits to begin working on.....

My daily draw for today was The World XXI (DruidCraft). Not the card I expected to see today. I've been planning an IDS with this deck starting on the Equinox on the 22nd. But as the date grows closer, I've been examining my motivation for doing this now, my work schedule, and the odds of my completing this study successfully. I made the decision today that I need to postpone this and work on some other things that I feel need my attention first.

I'm sad and disappointed to be making this decision. I really feel that this deck has much to teach me. But I know that I'm making the right decision. And this is an incentive to accomplish the other things so that I can move on to my study.

It doesn't feel like a World moment to me.

~Blue~

No comments:

Post a Comment