Friday, January 1, 2010

New Deck Interview Spread

For the first spread of my PDR, I chose FireRaven's New Deck Interview Spread found here. While this deck isn't new to me, I felt that an interview would lay a foundation for the year's study ahead.

The layout:
...5.......6...
.......4.......
...3.......2...
.......1.......

#1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
The card: Page of Swords. I am a deck of vast potential, and as my name
indicates-Dreams. I'll lead you down many paths, with something to learn at
every turn. In your quest for knowledge, don't forget the possiblilties
that come in the form of dreams.

#2. What are your strengths as a deck?(for this particular study?)
The card: 3 of Wands. I'll bring you insight into your dreams. Embarking
on this journey will result in a growth process/learning experience of
immeasurable value-if you stay true to course.

#3. What are your limits as a deck?
The card: 10 of Swords. In the interpretation of your dreams, I am limited
by your thoughts, your ability or lack thereof, to go beyond what you know.

#4. What do you bring to the table? What are you here to teach me?
The card: King of Coins. To listen to your intuition, to the wisdom of your
experiences in life when viewing your dreams and the world around you.
Consider the lessons you've learned, make the changes that are necessary
in order to move toward your goals/dreams.

#5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
The card: 2 of Wands. You chose me to guide you on this journey. I'll
share my insights with you, but it is up to you to choose the paths we
take, what is to be revealed.

#6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
The card: The Emperor. I offer you the power of your dreams. What that
potential becomes is up to you. If I've taught you well, your dreams and
your potential are for benefit, for growth. If not, your dreams will lead to
naught.

And so my year of dreams and discovery begins. It felt peculiar to re-order the deck before finishing the analysis of my "Sacred Days of Yule" spread, but I wanted to interview my deck at the start of the year. I think in doing so, I've gained further insight into the messages offered to me in the Yule spread. I'll be posting that analysis later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment